Photograph by Tracey Phillips
The Town Team was formed in 2014, born out of the need for a properly constituted organisation which could organise events for the town (and do more things too!), which would ensure the safety of those attending and those organising the events. As a Community Interest Company (CIC) we are registered at companies house and have to abide by the normal rules of a registered limited company. We pay corporation tax also.
Here is an extract from our Articles of Association to explain further:
OBJECTS, POWERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The objects of the Company are to carry on activities which benefit the community and in particular (without limitation) to
• Promoting and supporting the social, economic, cultural and environmental regeneration of Rickmansworth.
• Promoting and supporting events and activities for the benefit of local people.
• Identifying and promoting opportunities for the local community, especially young people, to develop skills, build confidence and capability.
• Conveying positive perceptions of Rickmansworth to the wider community, and build pride in our town.
• Promote and contribute to community/neighbourhood planning, and apply it to Rickmansworth, and build on its values and principles.
To further its objects the Company may do all such lawful things as may further the Company’s objects and, in particular, but, without limitation, may borrow or raise and secure the payment of money for any purpose including for the purposes of investment or of raising funds.
The Board of Directors are the management committee with the addition of a small number of executive committee members. All directors and members of the Town Team are limited to a £1 liability and the Company is fully insured with £10m public liability insurance.
Each event is run as a project with a sponsor from the board of Directors and a Project Leader. We aim to at least break even on all our events and raise money through grants (thanks mainly to our County Councillors), sponsorship and donations. We also raise money through charging fees for stall pitches if we are running a market or similar.
If you would like to know more about joining us or volunteering at one of our events please contact us or complete the form below.